The perfect companion for your digital camera.
Print brilliant photos to share with family and friends with or without a computer! A versatile, full-featured performer, the Epson Stylus® R300 makes producing colorful photos a snap. This innovative printer even prints directly on ink-jet-printable CD-Rs and DVD-Rs. So, now it's easier than ever to personalize your discs with a cool, finished look.
With up to 5760 x 1440 dpi and superior 6-color Photo Inks, the Epson Stylus Photo R300 produces precise color and accurate skin tones. Plus, BorderFree™ printing in popular photo sizes provides a fast, simple way to get bright, vivid prints to frame, place in an album, or share with your friends.
Best of all, the Epson Stylus R300 allows you to edit and print your photos without a computer. Anyone can crop, resize, save, or print photos directly from memory cards or picture CDs without using a computer. Additionally, a front access host USB port makes it easy to print from your CD-R drive, Zip drive or PictBridge enabled digital camera. If you have a Bluetooth-enabled device with printing capability, you can print from it using Epson's optional Bluetooth adapter. For your convenience, the built-in card slots also let you save images from your memory card directly to your PC.
With cost-saving individual ink cartridges, plus connectivity for both Windows® and Macintosh® systems, this remarkable performer offers an easy, affordable solution for all your photo imaging needs.
- PC-Free printing with built-in memory card slots
- Prints directly on ink jet printable CDs/DVDs
- BorderFree™ printing and individual ink cartridges
- Advanced Micro Piezo®, optimized for photo printing
- 90 nozzles x 6 (CcMmYK)
- 6 colors (CcMmYK)
Ink Cartridge Configuration
- Individual (CcMmYK) cartridges
- Dye based superior Photo Inks
Minimum Ink Droplet Size
- 3 picoliters
Ink Cartridge Life
Ink Yield Information
- 630 pages text (ISO/IEC 10561 letter pattern), 450 pages graphic (5% coverage)?
Ink Shelf Life
- 2 years from production date; 6 months from first use
Maximum Resolution (dots per inch)
- Up to 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- Up to 15 ppm²
- Up to 15 ppm²
4" x 6" Photo
- 37 seconds²
8" x 10" Photo
- 77 seconds²
Maximum Paper Width
- Single sheet - 8.5"
Maximum Printable Area
- Full bleed possible on 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, panoramic 8.3" x 23.4";
8.3" x 44"
- 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10" Letter, legal, A4, B5, A5, A6, half letter, executive, Panoramic 8.3" x 23.4", user definable (3.5" to 44" in length);
Borderless Photo Sizes
- 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", letter, panoramic
- Supports a variety of Epson plain and photo papers. Supports plain, bond, air mail, Epson Premium Bright White, Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Glossy Photo Paper, Premium Semigloss Paper, Premium Luster Paper, ColorLife paper, Matte Paper Heavyweight, Double-sided Matte, Inkjet Transparencies, Self-adhesive Sheets, Photo Quality Ink Jet Paper, Greeting Cards, High Quality Banner paper; labels; envelopes, Iron-on Transfers and Photo Stickers; Printable CD-R/DVD-R; Panoramic 8.3" x 23.4" Photo Paper
- No. 10, DL, C6 plain paper, bond paper, air mail
Special Media Support
- Printable CD-R/DVD-R
- Input paper tray: 120 Sheets plain paper/20 sheets photo paper/10 envelopes/1 transparency
PC-free Printing Capabilities
Memory Card Compatibility
- Supports CompactFlash® Type I and II, Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, IBM Microdrive™, xD-Picture Card, SmartMedia, Sony Memory Stick®, Memory StickPRO, Memory Stick Duo, MagicGate™ Memory Stick
- Print photos directly from memory cards and USB DirectPrint or PictBridge-enabled digital cameras
- Save to or print from external CD-R or Zip® drives through a convenient front access USB host port. For a complete list of compatible external devices click here
- 9 papers available from printer's control panel: Plain paper, Epson Glossy Photo, Premium Glossy Photo, SemiGloss, Premium Luster, Matte Paper, ColorLife, Iron-on Transfer Sheets, Greeting Cards
Layouts and Templates
- 8 different layouts to choose from right from the control panel including index sheet
Filters and Image Enhancements
- Filters: brightness, saturation, sharpness; Automatic Correction settings include PRINT Image Matching, Exif and PhotoEnhance.
Supported Digital Camera Technologies
- Printer supports PRINT Image Matching™, PRINT Image Matching™ II, and Exif Print; reads Digital Print Order Format (DPOF) from digital camera memory cards
Direct Digital Camera Printing
- Connects to a variety of digital cameras with direct printing capabilities using PictBridge and USB DirectPrint technology.
Direct CD / DVD Printing Support
- CD-R/DVD-R ink jet printable; 8 cm, 12 cm and Business Card CD
- Bluetooth Photo Print Adapter
Hardware and Software Details
Printer Dimensions & Weight
- Storage (L x W x H): 19.6" x 10.4" x 8.6"
Printing (L x W x H): 19.4" x 18.7" x 11.4"
- Weight: 14.0 lb (with ink cartridges)
Printer Case Color
- Silver and dark gray
Interface and Connectivity
- 2 Universal Serial Bus (USB) Ports:
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 for PC and Macintosh connection
USB 1.1 for connection to CD-R drives, Zip drives and USB DirectPrint or PictBridge-enabled digital cameras
- Windows USB - Windows 98 SE, 2000, Me and XP;
- Macintosh USB - Macintosh System 8.6 - 9.2,
OS X 10.2.x
- Epson Print CD software, Epson Software™ Film Factory™ 3.0
PC and Macintosh compatible, P.I.M.- plug-in
- Epson ESC/P Raster, Epson Remote
- Standard, Epson Vivid Color
- 42 dB(A)
- Temperature: Operating 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C), Storage -4° to 140° F (-20° to 60° C);
Humidity: Operating 20% to 80% relative humidity, Storage 5% to 85% relative humidity (no condensation)
- Safety standards: UL1950, CSA 22.2 No. 950; FCC part 15 subpart B class B, CSA C108.8 class B
- 120V AC +/-10%
- 50 - 60 Hz
- Approx. 13W ISO 10561 (Energy Star compliant), approx. 3W in Sleep mode, approx. 0.3W in Power Off mode
- One-year limited warranty in the U.S. and Canada.
- ?Cartridge yields will vary with images printed, print settings, paper type and frequency of use. Printer ships with full cartridges and some ink from the first cartridge is used for initialization.
- ²Pages per minute based on black text and color in Draft Mode on plain paper. Color photo is in Fine Mode on Glossy Photo Paper. Additional processing time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity.