Geforce 7950GT Chipset Features
True High Dynamic-Range (HDR) Rendering Support
The ultimate lighting effects bring environments to life for a truly immersive, ultrareailstic
experience. Based on the OpenEXR technology from Industrial Light and Magic,
NVIDIA's 64-bit texture implementation delivers state-of-the-art high dynamic-range (HDR)
visual effects through floating point capabilities in shading, filtering, texturing, and
- Full Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 Support
The standard for today's Purchase and next-generation consoles enables stunning and
complex efects for cinematic realism. NVIDIA GPUs offer the most complete
implementation of the Shader Model 3.0 feature set -- including vertex texture fetch
(VTF) -- to ensure top-notch compatibility and performance for all DirectX9 applications.
- NVIDIA® CineFX® 4.0 Engine
Delivers advanced visual effects at unimaginable speeds. Full support for Microsoft® DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Next-generation shader architecture with new texture unit design streamlines texture processing for faster and smoother gameplay.
- NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
Delivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU speeds. Full support for Microsoft®
DirectX® 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 enables stunning and complex special effects. Nextgeneration shader architecture with new texture unit design streamlines texture processing for faster and smoother gameplay.
- Adaptable Programmable Video Processor
PureVideo's programmable technology adapts to new video encoding formats as they are
developed to provide a future-proof video solution.
- High-Definition H.264, MPEG-2 and WMV Hardware Acceleration
Smoothly playback H.264, MPEG-2, and W MV video including W MV HD with minimal
CPU usage so the PC is free to do other work.
- Advanced Spatial Temporal De-Interlacing
Smoothes video and DVD playback on progressive displays to deliver a crisp, clear picture that rivals high-end home theater systems.
- High-Quality Scaling
High-quality scaling technology delivers a clear, clean image at any window size,
including full-screen HDTV resolutions up to 1080p.
- Video Color Correction
Corrects differences in color characteristics of RGB monitors and TV monitors through NVIDIA PureVideo s ProcAmp Color Controls setting, such as PureVideo s ProcAmp Color Controls setting, such as ensures videos are not too dark, overly bright, or washed out regardless of the video format or display.
- Integrated HDTV Encoder
Provides analog TV-output (Component/Composite/S-Video) up to 1080i resolution.
- 256-Bit Memory Interface
Delivers more memory bandwidth and efficiency to power the latest games and applications at blazing speeds.
- NVIDIA® UltraShadow™ II Technology
Enhances the performance of bleeding-edge games, like id Software s DOOM 3, that feature complex scenes with multiple light sources and objects.
- 128-Bit Studio-Precision Computation
128-bit studio-precision computation through the entire pipeline prevents image defects due to low precision and ensures the best image quality for even the most demanding applications.
- Full-Speed 32-Bit Color Precision
Delivers increased image quality with no performance compromise.
- NVIDIA® ForceWare® Technology
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceW are ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce GPUs.
- HDCP is a content protection specification to protect digital entertainment content across the DVI/HDMI interface. The HDCP provides a robust, cost-effective and transparent method for transmitting and receiving digital entertainment similar to DVI/HDMI-compliant digital displays. HDCP encrypts the data transmitted between the DVI/HDMI connector on the graphics adapter and the display. To provide this support, both the graphics adapter and the display need to have an HDCP transmitter and receiver respectively.
• OpenGL 2.0 Optimizations and Support
• NVIDIA® nView® Multi-Display Technology
• NVIDIA® Digital Vibrance Control® 3.0 Technology
• Dual 400MHz RAMDACs
• Dual Dual-Link DVI Support - Drives a digital display at resolution up to 2560*1600 at 60Hz
• 90nm Process Technology
• High-Speed GDDR3 Memory
• Built for Microsoft® Windows™ Vista
- Graphics Bus Technology: PCI Express
- Memory: 512MB
- Memory Interface: 256-bit
- Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec): 44.8
- Fill Rate (Billion pixels/sec): 13.2
- Vertices/second (Billion): 1.1
- Pixels per clock (peak): 24
- RAMDACs (MHz): 400