An entry-level compact digital camera with a 6.0 effective megapixel and a 3X optical zoom lens that lets even beginners enjoy hassle-free photography.
January 4, 2006 - PENTAX Corporation is pleased to introduce the new PENTAX Optio E10. Featuring a Mode dial that permits simple mode selection, the Optio E10 is a slim, lightweight compact digital camera aimed at beginners to photography complete with a 3X optical zoom lens.
1. Mode dial for straightforward mode selection
The Optio E10’s Mode dial, located on the top of the body, allows quick, clear-cut selection of the cameras eight versatile modes — six still-image shooting modes, a movie mode, and a setup mode.
2. Simple mode is easy on beginners
The Simple mode takes the guesswork out of taking pictures for first-time digital photographers. Just turning the Mode dial to Simple mode automatically sets all still-image photo settings except for Size and Quality.
3. 6.0 effective megapixels provide outstanding image quality
Enjoy the top-quality photography of the Optio E10 delivered from its 1/2.5-inch CCD with 6.36 total megapixels. In addition to the high definition of 6.0 effective megapixels, the primary-color filter produces more natural, vivid colors while the 12-bit A/D converter evenly reproduces all tones from dark to light.
4. 3X optical and up to approx. 12X total zoom magnification
The Optio E10 comes with a 3X optical zoom lens equivalent to a 34-102mm lens in 35mm format. When the optical zoom is paired with the digital zoom function (1X to approx. 4X), the camera can attain up to approx. 12X effective zoom magnification.
5. Large, 2.4-inch LCD monitor
The Optio E10 manages to fit in a large, 2.4-inch LCD monitor despite its compact body dimensions. Not only does the monitor’s size make it easier to compose and play back images, it also permits easier operation and setup thanks to its larger, easier-to-read menu display.
6. AA battery compatible
The camera can be powered with widely available AA batteries so you can always get replacements, even on vacation.
7. Other features
(1) Supports SD memory cards; approximately 10MB of built-in memory
(2) AV output terminal for playback on televisions (supports both NTSC and PAL)
(3) Built-in auto flash with red-eye reduction*
(4) Macro mode allows close-up photography as near as 5 cm at full wide-angle setting
(5) USB mass storage class compliant
(6) ACDSee for PENTAX image viewer/image management software
(7) DPOF functions, Exif Print, and PRINT Image Matching III compatible
(8) PictBridge compatible
* This mode may not eliminate “red eye” in all instances.
• 1/2.5" Type CCD
|Image sizes||• 2816x2112
|Movie clips||• 320x240
• 20 fps with sound, limited only by capacity of the memory card
• Still: JPEG
|Lens||• 34-102mm (35 mm equiv) 3x optical zoom
• F 2.8-4.8
|Digital zoom||Up to 4x|
|Focus||TTL contrast detection auto focus system|
• Normal: 0.5m - infinity
|ISO sensitivity||• Auto
• ISO 64
• ISO 100
• ISO 200
|Exposure compensation||• +/-2EV
• 1/3 steps
|Shutter speed||1/1000 - 2 secs|
|Scene modes||• Auto
• Night scene
|White balance||• Auto
|Image parameters||• Black and white
• Modes: On, off, red-eye reduction
• Range: 0.5m - 3.4m (W) at 200 ISO, 0.5m - 2.0m (T) at 200 ISO
|LCD monitor||• 2.4" TFT LCD
• 110,00 pixels
• AV out
|Print compliance||• DPOF
• Exif 2.2
|Storage||• SD card
• 10 MB internal memory
|Power||• 2x AA (alkaline or rechargeable) batteries
• AC adapter optional
|Weight||• 130 g (4.6 oz) (no batt)
• 180 g (6.3 oz) (including batteries and memory card
|Dimensions||87 x 60 x 32 mm (3.4 x 2.4 x 1.3 in)|