The Windy31 USB type wireless router is a new way of thinking about creating wireless networks at home, work, and even on-the-go.
What It Does
The Windy31 is a 3-in-1 solution: it's a USB style wireless router, a USB access point (AP), and a USB wifi card.
You can use the Windy31 to share any kind of internet connection. You can have a wired LAN connection coming into your laptop or desktop, and have the Windy31 create an instant wireless network using one of your USB ports.
You can also use it as an access point (AP) by receiving another incoming wifi signal from another wireless router using the Windy31's USB air card abilities, and then use Windy31's wireless router capabilities to relay the original wifi signal with a new hotspot.
Use It Like a Mobile Broadband Router
You can even use it to turn your own laptop into a mobile broadband router. If you have an air card from a 3G network provider like Sprint or Verizon, you can receive that 3G signal into your laptop like usual, but then share that data connection using the Windy's wifi router capabilities. It's a great way to pay for just one data plan but allow others to share it for free. (Cell Provider Data Rates Apply)
- Cellular Broadband Router comparison
- Wifi 101
- USB - Universal Serial Bus
- 802.11n Comparison - What's New?
- USB 3.0
- Descripción del puerto USB
Mfg. Part Number
- Wireless LAN
- Standards: IEEE 802.11 b/g
- Bus Type: USB 2.0 Type A
- Modulation: OFDM with BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM, (11g)
- BPSK, QPSK, CCK (11b)
- Data Rate: 1, 2, 5, 11Mbps (802.11b)
- 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps (802.11g)
- Security: 64/128 bit WEP Encryption, WPA (TKIP, IEEE 802.1x) And AES
- Drivers: Windows XP / Vista
- TX level
- TX power level control
- Security Encryption
- Hardware-WEP(64/128 bit)
- Power: power saving station support
- Simultaneous Connection
- 32 terminals connectible at the same time
- TCP / IP, NAT, DHCP, PPPoE
- Windows Based GUI Management