From the Manufacturer
Add this unique remote-access storage system to your wired or wireless network and you’ll have a surprisingly simple and secure way to access and share data and photos at home, in the office, and anywhere in the world--even when your local computer is off. The included RAID software makes it easy for you to take advantage of RAID mirroring for extra data protection.
WD Anywhere Access - This storage system and all the files on it are always accessible when you need them, even when your local computer is turned off.
Easy to set up, easy to use - You’re up and running in a few simple steps. Wizard software steps you through RAID configuration and network setup is a breeze with our unique, powerful remote access software.
Data OnHand - From any PC, use Windows Explorer to securely browse through folders on My Book World Edition. Open, edit and save files as though they are right there with you.
Extra data protection with RAID 1 - For extra data protection, dedicate half the capacity for mirroring, and automatically and instantaneously back up data every time you save it.
Extraordinary capacity - With one terabyte (1,000 GB) of storage in this elegant, small footprint design, you have plenty of room to store an entire digital photo library, up to 120 hours of HD video, or up to 76 hours of Digital Video (DV)
User serviceable - Easy access allows you to open the case and replace a drive. No need to send the entire system in for service.
Gigabit Ethernet Connection - High-performance 1000/100/10 compatible Ethernet connection.
EMC Retrospect Express backup software - Easy-to-use software for scheduled or on-demand file backup.
UPnP enabled - Makes network configuration easy and convenient.
Capacity gauge - See at a glance how much space is available on your storage system.
Quiet and cool - An efficient convection cooling system and a thermostatically controlled fan keep this unit reliably cool and remarkably quiet.
HARD DRIVES NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE
Use This Product When You Want To
- Securely access and edit your files on any computer.
- Get files from home while at the office.
- Listen to the music on your My Book World Edition drive while you’re on vacation.
- Securely share photos with your friends anywhere in the world without uploading them to the web.
- Back up your laptop data to your home computer while you’re traveling.
- Offer your clients an easy way to access business documents, designs, and artwork. Eliminates the need for a separate FTP server.
- Back up critical files to a remote drive for the ultimate protection from loss.
- Simplify your home network and access data from any computer or external hard drive in the house.
- Automatically back up all your PCs to one central location.
- Gain peace of mind with a mirrored back up of important documents and images.
Storage System for Remote Access and Sharing. Designed for home users, creative professionals, workgroups, small offices and anyone looking for shared storage, WD's My Book World Edition II offers a surprisingly simple and secure way to access and share data, pictures, and music at home, in the office and anywhere in the world - even when your local computer is turned off. The dual-drive network storage system combines capacity of 1TB storage(HARD DRIVES NOT INCLUDED), versatile RAID capability, backup software, user-serviceability, and remote access software to make it the most versatile and powerful remote access storage system in its class.