Sony MDS-JE510 Mini Disc Deck
* Sony MDS-JE510 Mini disc deck which allows for playing, recording and editing of Mini Discs.
* Mini disc deck to be used in conjunction with an amplifier or other components such as a CD player or DAT deck.
* Fully functional 59 button infer-red remote, including buttons to allow for easy recording, playing, power on/off and eject, with batteries included.
* Unit has a digital display for displaying information about tracks.
* Unit also has a headphone socket, with a separate headphone volume switch.
* Deck can be used to records and edit tracks with loads of hi-tech features. Record level, timer, add track names, rearrange tracks, cut portions of tracks etc.
Features: Essentially the same as an MDS-JE500 (circuit board, A/D/A chip, ATRAC chip, main ASIC, user manual, feet, all identical). Some units made in Malaysia. European/Japanese unit (see below) adds A-B erase. TOC cloning not possible (machine ejects disc when power applied).
Components: MD mechanism type: MDM-3A/3B, Optical pickup type: KMS-260A/J1N
The ATRAC version used is Sony 4.0. High quality 20 bit A/D Conversion is used with a good DAC. The unit has a very useful monitor feature whereby the DAC can be used independently by the analogue input or either of the digital inputs between 32 and 48 Khz sampling rate. There is a timer and a good quality headphone socket with independent volume control on the unit.
System - Minidisc audio system
Disc - Minidisc
Laser - Semiconductor laser, emission duration: Continuous
Laser Output - Less than 44.6uW - This output is the value measured at a distance of 200mm from the objective lens surface on the optical pick-up block with 7mm aperture.
Laser diode properties - Material: GaA1As
Revolutions(CLV) - 400rpm to 900rpm
Error Correction - Advanced Cross Interleave Reed Solomon Code(ACIRC)
Sampling frequency coding - 44.1kHz
Coding - Adaptive Transform Acoustic Coding (ATRAC)
Modulation System - EFM(Eight-to-fourteen modulation)
Number of channels - 2 stereo channels
Frequency response - 5 to 20,000 Hz+_0.3db
Signal-to-noise ratio - Over 96dB during playback
Wow and flutter - Below measurable limit
Jack Type - Phono jacks
Input impedance - 47kilohms
Rated input - 500mVrms
Minimum input 125m Vrms
Digital Optical In:
Jack Type - Square optical connector jack
Input impedance - Optical wave length: 660nm
Digital Coaxial In:
Jack Type - Phono Jack
Input impedance - 75 ohms
Rated input - 0.5 Vp-p +_20%
Jack Type - Stereo phone jack
Rated output - 10mW
Load impedance - 32 ohms
Line (ANALOG) out:
Jack Type - Phono jacks
Rated output - 2 Vrms (at 50 kilohms)
Load impedance - Over 10 kilohms
Digital Optical Out:Jack Type - Square optical connector jack
Rated output - -18dBm
Load impedance - Optical wave length: 660nm
Σε άριστη λειτουργική κατάσταση, με remote control και manual ελληνικό και αγγλικό.