RADEON™ X1950PRO Chipset Features and Specifications
• Support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 programmable vertex and pixel shaders in hardware.
• Shader Model 3.0 vertex and pixel shader support:
- Full speed 32-bit floating point processing.
- High dynamic range rendering with floating point blending and anti-aliasing support.
- High performance dynamic branching and flow control.
• Complete feature set also supported in OpenGL® 2.0.
Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering
• 2x/4x/6x Anti-Aliasing modes:
- Sparse multi-sample algorithm with gamma correction, programmable sample patterns,
and centroid sampling.
- New adaptive anti-aliasing mode.
- Temporal anti-aliasing.
- Lossless color compression (up to 6:1) at all resolutions, up to and including wide screen
• 2x/4x/8x/16x Anisotropic Filtering modes:
- Up to 128-tap texture filtering.
- Adaptive algorithm with performance and quality options.
- Improved rendering with higher subpixel precision and LOD computation levels.
- New rotational high quality rendering mode.
3Dc+™ Advanced Texture Compression
• High quality 4:1 compression for normal maps and luminance maps.
• Works with any single-channel or two-channel data format.
New Ring Bus Memory Controller
• Programmable arbitration logic maximizes memory efficiency, software upgradeable.
• New fully associative texture, color, and Z cache design.
• Hierarchical Z-Buffer with Early Z Test.
• Fast Z-Buffer Clear.
• Z Cache optimized for real-time shadow rendering.
• Optimized for performance at high display resolutions, up to and including widescreen HDTV.
|NOTE: Please join RX1950PRO card up to start CrossFire function.|
Avivo™ Video and Display Engine
• New advanced video capabilities, including high fidelity gamma, color correction and scaling.
• Dual independent display controllers that support true 30-bpp throughout the display pipe.
- Full symmetry on both heads.
- Each display controller supports display resolutions beyond 2560x1600.
• Advanced DVI capabilities, including 10-bit, 16-bit HDR output.
• YPrPb component output for direct drive of HDTV displays.
• Seamless integration of pixel shaders with video in real time.
• MPEG1/2/4 decode and encode acceleration.
- DXVA support.
- Hardware motion compensation, iDCT, DCT and color space conversion.
• All-format DTV/HDTV decoding.
• Adaptive per-pixel de-interlacing and frame rate conversion (temporal filtering).
• Multi-GPU technology ready.
• Four modes of operation.
- Alternate frame rendering for maximum performance.
- Supertiling for optimal load-balancing.
- Scissoring for compatibility.
- Super AA for maximum image quality.
• Memory interface: 256-bit
• Engine Clock Speed: 670MHz
• Memory Clock Speed: 1380MHz
• Pixel Shader Processor: 36
• Vertex Shader: 8