The Nokia 6021 is an excellent non-camera phone, clearly intended for the business user. It's a nice-sized phone that's not heavy, yet not too light. It's design is purposeful and smart, with a functional, well designed keypad.
The core theme of the 6021 is connectivity. Taking the voice aspect of this first, the 6021 is a great phone for just talking - good reception, excellent voice clarity, plus the benefit of an integrated handfree speaker and voice commands. Looking at messaging, it does everything from MMS to full support for email protocols. Data transfer via GPRS and EDGE is as fast as it gets without a 3G network, with data transfer speeds of 177.6 kbps possible (subject to network). Finally, connecting to other devices is taken care of with full Bluetooth connectivity, plus infra-red and USB. However, and this does seem to be an obvious ommission, the 6021 does not support Apple isync, so beware of this if you're an Apple user.
Many will see the Nokia 6021 as a replacement for the classic business phone, the Nokia 6310i. Certainly it's a good dependable phone if you want the core business functions without any frills. It's disappointing that Apple support is missing, and the LCD display, whilst good enough could have been a lot bigger. Still, it's not a very expensive phone, and it meets the needs of its target niche pretty well.
Features of the Nokia 6021 include:
- Display: active matrix, 65,536 colours, 128 x 128 pixels
- Series 40 user interface with two soft keys and central joystick navigation
- Push to Talk over cellular network via dedicated key
- Voice Features: voice dialing, voice commands, voice recorder, integrated handsfree speaker
- Messaging: SMS (supports concatenated SMS), MMS, instant messaging
- Predictive text input: Support for all major languages in Europe and Asia-Pacific
- Email: supports SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, and APOP protocols
- Downloadable ringtones & wallpaper
- XHTML web browser
- Mobile wallet
- Extensive calendar / Personal Information Management
- Downloadable games
- WAP, GPRS class 10, EDGE - data transfer up to 177.6 kbps
- Connectivity: Bluetooth™, infra-red, USB (Pop-Port™ interface)
- Local synchronization of picture gallery, contacts, and calendar to PC using PC Suite, Bluetooth wireless technology (1.2), or USB with Pop-Port?
- Size: 106 x 44 x 20 mm
- Weight: 88g
- Talktime: 3 hours
- Battery standby: up to 320 hours